On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 10:31, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> I wish they had invented a new word for that.  Think about that:
> "neshaanak": "kaaf-e tahghir" attached to a common word.  They
> are bounding a wider phrase to a narrow meaning, but with
> "raayaane" it's the other way.

I don't agree with naming that postfix "kaaf-e tahghir". It has wider
usage: "morghak" (a "little" bird, not a petty or poor one), "chizak" (a
"small amount" of a thing), "azizak" (a "dear" dear), "ghaltak" (a
"tool" that rolls), "poshtak" (a back-related "action"), "zardak" (a
yellow fruit), "sorkhak" (a reddening disease), ...

> Do so please then.

I guess they're using the "-ak" postfix in the tool sense (like
"ghaltak"). So it comes to mean "abzaar-e neshaane-gozaari". Still not
convinced?

BTW, a latest list of everything official or semi-official
(computer-related) is here:

http://www.isi.org.ir/farhangestan/fh-gn.htm

roozbeh