q.cpp? That's quite old. Better start from an architecture that's still
under active development and/or has been in use recently.

That said, a 15 sec latency is definitely highly abnormal. ;-) Hard to say
what it is, as I'm not familiar with Rust. How big are the blocks of sample
data being passed to the Faust dsp's compute method? Note that the block
size determines the control rate.

Other architectures are being used in realtime environments such as Pd or
LV2 and VST hosts and they work fine. The Pure architecture can be used to
run Faust dsps in Pure without noticeable latency. So it's definitely not
an issue with Faust.

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 6:15 AM, Ben Burdette <bburde...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm embedding faust into a Rust program.  I've more or less copied the
> q.cpp code from the fraust project to make a C++ gui builder class.
> >From Rust I can call a C function that looks up a parameter name and
> changes the appropriate float value.  Right now I'm running the
> noise.dsp example patch and the only parameter is Volume.
>
> What I'm seeing is that when I change the value of the Volume float, I
> don't see the reaction from the change until 15 seconds later.  Its
> repeatable, ie if I do the same thing again the change comes around 15
> seconds after that.  So the delay doesn't seem to be increasing at least.
>
> Not sure where this is coming from, rust or faust.  Is there something
> obvious I'm missing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben

Dr. Albert Gr"af