> On Feb 9, 2018, at 8:20 PM, Yann Orlarey <orla...@grame.fr> wrote:
>
> A more evolved version allowing to control the other parameters of the editor
> (warning: midi support only in chrome)
>
> https://faust.grame.fr/editor/?buffer=256&poly=on&nvoices=4&code=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/grame-cncm/faust/master-dev/tests/architecture-tests/organ.dsp

Thanks, I’m glad you’re interested in the feature.  I see how you’re
doing it, and I guess I can work that way.  But it’s a little complex,
because I have to save out my work in the editor to a .dsp file, and then
upload that file to some web-accessible location.  And then when I’m done I have
to clean up that file … but how do I know when I’m done?

I was thinking more of the ability to write something in the editor,
then click a button to generate a link containing the code,
that I could copy & paste into in an email.
Like sharing a map link in Google Maps.

If the Faust code is embedded in the link itself, then there’s
no need to manage some other file on some other server, no question
of which server to blame (the editor server or the file server?) when
something doesn’t work right, no complicated management of the privacy
of the file, etc.

(And also: there’s the ability in certain browsers (Safari on iOS for one)
to save a link locally and re-load it without needing network access,
and even assign it an icon in the UI.
So an editor link containing a faust program might (eventually) be the thing
I can launch on this iPod I’m trying to use as an effects pedal …)

That’s my feedback.  Please know that I appreciate these tools a lot!

Thanks for considering this,
-mykle-