Hi Julius,

On 08/23, Julius Smith wrote:

> Ok, sounds like they should be compared to the normalized ladder
> filter.  In Faust / filters.lib, the second order case is called tf2sn
> ("transfer function, order 2, s-plane, normalized).  I tend to use
> tf2snp which adds "p" for "protected".  The ladder form provides easy
> bounding of the poles away from the unit circle by any small margin.

I do not know how to compare this implementation with tf2snp, all I can
say that for time-varying filtering, say,

        F = vslider("f", 0, 0,1000, .1);
        process = fi.tf2snp(0,0,1, 1,1, 2*ma.PI * F);

generates much more code than

        F = vslider("f", 0, 0,1000, .1);
        process = svf.lp(F, 1);

But please forget, I wrote this code just for fun because nobody else
replied to Oliver's email.

Oleg.