Hi Bruce,

The target you are using produces a single C file that is not self-contained
and has to be included in a larger project to be usable.

If you want to directly produce a standalone application from the Faust Web
IDE, you have a large choice; depending of the OS you are targeting, like for
instance:

OSX/coreaudio-qt which uses the QT framework  (https://www.qt.io) and Coreudio,
jucae/application that allows to produce a JUEC project to be compiled,
linux/alsa-gtk , linux/alsa-gt and so on.

About the architectures files themselves, there is a Work In Progress section
here:

https://github.com/grame-cncm/faustdoc/blob/master/mkdocs/docs/manual/architectures.md

Stéphane