Hi Dario,

In CAQt  the CoreAudio driver can only access the so-called « default device »
of the machine, which is typically configured using the Audi Midi Setup tool.

Then since several versions of OSX back, audio devices for input as output are
physically separated, and have to be combined as aggregated audio devices using
this described  way https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202000, typically to
crate a « duplex »  like device able to handle audio and input as the same time.

You can possibly create several aggregated audio devices, and setup each of
them with the wanted combination of audio devices, physical ones, but also
possibly virtual one (lie Soundflower, blackhole..etc.) and switch between them
depending of your needs.

Stéphane