> Le 21 mars 2023 à 14:57, Henrik Frisk <fris...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I have recently changed computer from Linux (where faust have always run like
> a charm) to macos and I've run into some problems. Having downloaded the
> latest 2.54.9 as a dmg and installed it. Having tested several fasut2*
> (fasut2caqt for example) yields:
>
> dyld[38924]: Library not loaded: '/opt/local/lib/libncurses.6.dylib'
>
> ncurses is installed and the particular library is in
> /opt/homebrew/opt/ncurses/lib/ (installed via brew). Regardless how I try I
> can't get the scrript to find it. I have tried
>
>  export PATH="/opt/homebrew/opt/ncurses/bin:$PATH"'
>   export LDFLAGS="-L/opt/homebrew/opt/ncurses/lib"
>   export CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/homebrew/opt/ncurses/include"
>   export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/opt/homebrew/opt/ncurses/lib/pkgconfig"
>
> I have also tried to reinstall ncurses.

Hi Henrik,

Yes, this is a known problem: compiled binaries are not correctly
self-contained. David Braun is working on improving the situation using GitHub
actions. You can possibly test the precompiled 2.58.11 version here:
https://github.com/DBraun/faust/actions/runs/4458934421

> Installing Faust through homebrew gets rid of the above problem but instead,
> for faust2caqt, it gives the error
>
> /opt/homebrew/Cellar/qt@5/5.15.8_2/mkspecs/features/mac/default_post.prf:284:
> Variable QMAKE_XCODE_DEVELOPER_PATH is not defined
>
> I suspect this all has to do with my limited knowledge about how macos deals
> ith dependencies, but any help would be appreciated!
>
> /Henrik

QT is currently not working on my machine ((-; . Hoping others (like Julius
maybe?) can help here.

Stéphane