yes, sure! my engagement is very slow, but steady. just catched up with some months of posts & can definitively say that i'll stick around as well & next mail is regarding that :-)

free culture is i guess nothing you can turn on or off, it is an attitude...

adnan

Timothy Cowlishaw wrote:
Hi all,

While I understand completely Tom's reasons for making this decision, I fail to see how the absence of one (admittedly pivotal member) should mean that the whole organisation should fold. Admittedly FC-UK has been almost inactive for several months, however perhaps this is an opportunity for a reboot rather than an excuse to fold completely.

The FCF looks like an exciting initiative - I will be closely following your progress, and am certainly willing to help out in any way I can. As concerns FC-London, we never really got off the ground, but am going to attempt to nudge it back into life with a cc-salon / minibar-ish model of monthly discussion / social events for those involved in Free / CC work locally.

I am keen to continue working with FC-UK, however, I feel that it is important to discuss our aims as an organisation, and set out tangible and practical goals, as the recent lull in activity appears to me to be a consequence of the procrastination that tends to go on on this discussion list. I personally would like to see a greater emphasis on the practical business of creating Free Culture works, alongside the discussion and campaigning elements of our activity. Perhaps our campaigning work could be carried out in partnership with the other organisations Tom mentioned - I have been involved in DBD and ORG campaigns in the past, as I'm sure many others on-list have. This would improve our efficiency, leaving time to work on additional projects, and would present a united front for the entire anti-term-extension / anti-DRM / whatever-else lobby, rather than a series of disparate smaller groups - something that might make our campaigning more effective.

Any way, I wish all those leaving the best of luck, however I will be sticking around for the time being. Is anyone else joining me?

cheers,

Tim