Valent Turkovic wrote:

Reviews are just reviews. I've seen a lot of positive ones about Fedora
8 as well.
- Andreas

Have you heard latest Linux Action Show (LAS)? I really agree with
them, not because I'm mindless LAS gnome but because they totally
resonate with my own opinion.
Please listen to it.

It comes down to mediocre  - design wise, but only on some element
because some parts are great but some are just not - and that makes
the difference even more obvious. Fedora is a great distro and has
really cutting edge technology and we feel a bit disappointed when
design doesn't follow that as it did with FC6 and F7 IMHO.

Valent.
I have listened to that podcast since at least this past summer, and enjoy it, but the fact remains is that they are still just 2 reviewers with negative thoughts swimming in a lot of reviews of positive. However, I will agree with you Valent about one thing, and that is the default gnome-icons in the menu. They do look retro in not the best ways, and I hope that F9 can change the fact. It's something we can all work towards changing soon. We have the time, but not necessarily the manpower all the time. Lots to do for each release and it seems like only a handful of people do often. The art team tends to be small in terms of active workers, from my perspective, which is a shame.

--
~Michael
http://ridleytx.structed.net (for now)