Máirín Duffy wrote:
Nicu Buculei wrote:
And I like better version 1. for consistency (all the other screens have reflection in the water, not on an additional plane) and 2. for physical reasons (we have waves on a liquid surface and a plane and is not realistic at all - the water is like a wall).

However, I agree the second look more contrasting and we had that bottom reflection plane in F8 too.

Yeh that's a really good point. I like the contrast of #2 but it does look pretty unnatural. I think #1 is a more consistent choice with the rest of the theme.

What I'm gonig to do is fade out the waves to dark in #1 as I did in #2. I think that would make #1 look a little better. Then I think maybe would should go with #1.

Okay, as promised, here it is, i think it turned out pretty good:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F9Themes/Waves/Round3Final#head-8f5bde625183aa98dbf9a180516a4fc4412df3e5

~m