Jon Stanley wrote:
On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 9:34 AM, Jeffrey Ollie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I believe that the wiki is using rsvg behind the scenes to render the
SVG.  In theory though, it should be possible to use Inkscape's
command line facilities to render the SVG.  I've never tried it
though...

Yeah, but how expensive would that be server-side? Are there
comparisons somewhere between using rsvg and Inkscape's CLI tools as
to overhead?

I know that rsvg is not able to render many of the effects possible in Inkscape-produced SVGs. Actually I still have file preview turned off in nautilus on all of my desktop systems because if I turn it on it crashes nautilus instantly because of rsvg bugs in rendering thumbnail previews of the SVGs I have in my library.

~m