Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 04:42:23PM +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:

Since we are still stuck with GRUB 1.x. the GRUB splash will be probably
the hardest, needing an original (symplified) graphic.

I'm betting the cloudy sky (with or without birds, depending on the number of
color gradients needed) would work OK...

The constraint with GRUB is 14 colors (16 if counting also black and white), there is no way we can use a photorealistic image with that. Probably a blue background and a drawing of some birds or clouds.