Nicu Buculei said the following on 04/08/2009 02:36 AM Pacific Time:
On 04/08/2009 10:52 AM, Martin Sourada wrote:
On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 10:19 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
On 04/08/2009 04:18 AM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
11. wallpaper extras - I do not think this is on your task list John but I think we need to add it. I want to try to revive the wallpaper project Nicu started so we can ship some nice extras wallpapers so the default wallpaper isn't the only thing we do. I was wondering if anyone has time to help me out with this? Or is it too late right now to do something like this?
I am not sure we have enough time for those extra wallpapers, what the
deadline would be for them?
Martin started the collection of the wiki and at the time he talked
about packaging. Martin, are you still up for for packaging them?

Yup, I hope to put some packages together as soon as I have enough time
to do so.

Martin, Mo, let breathe a bit and make a plan:
- when do we need the extra wallpapers packaged? a deadline... since we talk about bitmaps, can we go with something absolutely minimal for the freeze and add a few more later? - do we require some minimal specs for the images, like a minimum resolution?

I think I have some images that could do for nice wallpapers (mostly flower macros) and knowing about a deadline would be useful to prioritize some work (selection, gimping, upload).

For a really solid release with some time to fix things that need fixing.... everything really needs to be completed and packaged by the end of this week.

The final development freeze is tomorrow and the preview release gets spun up next week for release on 2009-04-28. If you get everything into the Preview Release you have the best shot at getting more feedback and time to fix it before the final release.

John