On 10/11/2009 11:46 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Oh please. Expecting all Fedora thunderbird users to keep track of
upstream development of software included in Fedora is totally
ridiculous. The package maintainer made the judgement to include a beta
release of thunderbird. If major UI or other behaviour changes were
expected to follow in later revisions, it would have been wise to not
include the beta release in the first place. Otherwise, it would have
been easy enough to disable those couple of features we are talking
about in the update and avoid the hassle for users.

Did I say that people should do exactly as I do? No. Please don't put words in my mouth.

It is NOT ok if I update my mail client in any stable release of Fedora
and get a different UI where my folders are rearranged and my mail
client proceeds to index gigabytes of my mail sucking up the CPU and
generally making it unusable for quite sometime. A new release with a
new UI and behaviour is ok. An update changing it like this is
definitely not.

Then were was your negative karma? I run TB on 3 different machines (different platforms/arches) and have not encountered any "disastrous" side effects so my positive karma does not accurately reflect all possible scenarios.