On 10/17/2016 12:27 PM, Pete Travis wrote:
On Oct 17, 2016 9:10 AM, "Ankur Sinha" <sanjay.an...@gmail.com
<mailto:sanjay.an...@gmail.com>> wrote:

I see a few subscribers to the list. If you'd like the chat, I'm in the
#fedora-join channel now.

If you come around in the channel, just generally, please ping me
(FranciscoD). A lot of us hang out in the channel but we don't monitor
it actively. A ping notifies us :)
Ankur Sinha "FranciscoD"

I'm not monitoring the channel at the moment, but you've given me an
idea. zodbot has a pinglists plugin that sends a /notice to users that
have opted in.  We could set up a pinglist and cite the command to use
it in the topic, like doorbell for the channel.

-- Pete

I really like this idea too – and maybe to go a step further, a channel notice like #fedora-mktg where you join and it sends you a message with the topic too. With things like the webchat client, a channel notice sticks out more than the topic since it sends me a direct message with the notice information.

Justin W. Flory