Hi,

We had a great meeting today. We primarily discussed how we could
integrate Matrix/Riot, and maybe even Telegram to make the #fedora-join
more accessible to newbies, and provide them with a better interface
than the usual IRC clients.

We now have a Matrix channel set up that integrates with our IRC
channel. You can hang out in it here:

https://riot.im/app/#/room/%23freenode_%23fedora-join:matrix.org

We're going to look at setting up a Telegram bridge too.

Even when we've made the channel nicer, we still need more contributors
to hang in there and help out newbies. Newbies asking questions and not
receiving quickish replies seems to have a negative affect on them. So,
we'd like to prevent that from happening. We're discussing how we can
help contributors hang out in the channel. Making it more accessible
helps, of course. For instance, if one can hang out using a phone via
Telegram, that helps.

We're also thinking of starting a badge series that would be awarded to
contributors that help newbies join the community.

If you have any ideas and comments, please share them. The complete
meeting logs are here:

https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-3/2018-03-21/fedora-join.2018-03-21-14.04.html
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-3/2018-03-21/fedora-join.2018-03-21-14.04.log.html

See you in two weeks!