Hello everyone,

Here's a quick update on our classroom session plans for the Fedora 29
release cycle.

Release cycle based schedule
-----------------------------
We've recently moved to a release cycle based classroom schedule. The
idea is to do our sessions between a two releases, so that:
- we can work on release critical activities as needed before the
  release.
- we do not clash with the release marketing just after a release is
  made.
- we can fill up the relative silent period between two releases.
- we can try to organise sessions that focus on new features that each
  release brings!

This wiki page describes the schedule in more detail:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Classroom/Release_schedule

Fedora 29 cycle
---------------

So based on this, we've chosen 8 sessions for the Fedora 29 cycle:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Classroom/F29

A Pagure ticket acts as our tracker:
https://pagure.io/fedora-join/Fedora-Join/issue/94

and there are individual tickets for each session that are mentioned
there.

- Silverblue
- L10N 101
- IRC 101
- Selinux
- Podman and/or containers 101
- LaTeX 101
- VIM 102
- Creating Fedora badges.

We need more hands!
-------------------

For each of these sessions, we need people that can help us organise
them:

- instructors
- magazine post writers
- bluejeans link (https://pagure.io/fedora-join/Fedora-Join/issue/83)
- survey (optional)

We also need someone who will generally check on the preparation for
each session, e-mail the instructors, remind everyone of their duties,
and so on.

Please help us out if you have spare cycles. These tasks are not
technical at all. :)

I will also post on the community blog. I have also sent this to the join
mailing list, but please reply to the classroom mailing list with any
comments.

--
Thanks,
Regards,