Hello,

Here are the logs from yesterday's meeting. We're on course for the F29
classroom semester. We've also been making a little progress on the
possible move from Askbot to discourse.

This is what the current classroom schedule looks like:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Classroom/F29

Meeting log links:
- Minutes:

https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-join/2018-12-04/fedora-join.2018-12-04-17.00.html
- Logs:

https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-join/2018-12-04/fedora-join.2018-12-04-17.00.log.html
- Minutes (text):

https://meetbot-raw.fedoraproject.org/fedora-join/2018-12-04/fedora-join.2018-12-04-17.00.txt

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* FranciscoD (167)
* hellbanger[m] (28)
* tg-fedjoin (26)
* hhlp (20)
* zodbot (14)
* fm-join (10)
* bt0 (8)
* x3mboy_ (0)
* dhanesh95|m (0)
* dhanesh95 (0)
* itblaked (0)

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* bt0
  * FranciscoD bt0 ask around community for an IRC 101 instructor
  * bt0 add link to classroom magazine template to main page
* FranciscoD
  * FranciscoD bt0 ask around community for an IRC 101 instructor
  * FranciscoD get bluejeans link and summary for magazine post for L10N
    101 session
  * FranciscoD reply to
    https://pagure.io/fedora-join/Fedora-Join/issue/83 to let bex know
    that we'd like rooms for classroom sessions
  * FranciscoD update magazine draft for LaTeX 101 and update ticket
  * FranciscoD ping instructor again here:
    https://pagure.io/fedora-badges/issue/657 (I'd pinged exactly 7 days
    ago)
  * FranciscoD ping instructor for a magazine post
  * FranciscoD ping ticket 77
  * FranciscoD file ticket suggesting a monthly Fedora Join post on the
    commblog
  * FranciscoD check next coucil meeting minutes to see what was
    discussed
* hellbanger[m]
  * hellbanger[m] will open a ticket to track the magazine post for
    silverblue session
  * hellbanger[m] needs to speak to instructor to fix a date/time for
    the session
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * x3mboy comment on ticket with link about fedmsg on discourse
    instance
  * x3mboy file ticket for using youtube live instead of jitsi etc:
    PENDING

Meeting summary
---------------
* Meeting commands: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Guide
  (FranciscoD, 17:01:42)
* Agenda: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Join/Next_Meeting
  (FranciscoD, 17:01:48)
* Roll call  (FranciscoD, 17:02:37)
  * Alberto Rodriguez S; UTC-6;CommOps, Marketing, dotnet,
    Infra-apprentice, Ambassadors and more  (bt0, 17:02:47)
  * ankursinha: GMT; Join, classroom, packager, NeuroFedora
    (FranciscoD, 17:03:07)
  * hhlp  (hhlp, 17:05:24)
  * Akarshan: GMT+5:30; Join,  packager, debugging etc.  (hellbanger[m],
    17:06:05)

* Community announcements  (FranciscoD, 17:08:33)
  * Please share announcements here  (FranciscoD, 17:08:42)
  * Chromium on Fedora now officially supports vaapi

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/chromium/c/278c62709d1dba5883c3b69047706837bb402bd7?branch=master
    (hellbanger[m], 17:09:24)
  * FPgM report: 2018-48
    https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/fpgm-report-2018-48/  (bt0,
    17:10:10)
  * Fedora 29 elections voting begins Thursday, 6 December.  (bt0,
    17:10:37)
  * Bugzilla will be offline from 0000-1200 UTC on 9 December for an
    upgrade  (FranciscoD, 17:10:46)
  * GNU Octave 4.4 coming to rawhide:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/de...@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/A6RBVXP4N7DF5GVBCXNKORZBVPDFPR7K/
    (FranciscoD, 17:11:32)
  * Translation status of packages built in koji can be tracked using
    transtats:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/de...@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/SMOM2CZ2PGD66W7HASKPD3TOEEAYOTL4/
    (FranciscoD, 17:12:09)

* Action items from last meeting  (FranciscoD, 17:13:30)
  * Last meeting's minutes are here:

https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-join/2018-11-27/fedora-join.2018-11-27-17.00.html
    (FranciscoD, 17:13:37)
  * FranciscoD bt0 ask around community for an IRC 101 instructor: WIP
    (FranciscoD, 17:13:49)
  * ACTION: FranciscoD bt0 ask around community for an IRC 101
    instructor  (FranciscoD, 17:14:10)
  * x3mboy comment on ticket with link about fedmsg on discourse
    instance: PENDING (depends on how we switch to discourse)
    (FranciscoD, 17:14:55)
  * ACTION: x3mboy comment on ticket with link about fedmsg on discourse
    instance  (FranciscoD, 17:15:05)
  * FranciscoD get bluejeans link and summary for magazine post for L10N
    101 session: PENDING (we have a date but not these details yet)
    (FranciscoD, 17:15:29)
  * ACTION: FranciscoD get bluejeans link and summary for magazine post
    for L10N 101 session  (FranciscoD, 17:15:38)
  * ACTION: FranciscoD reply to
    https://pagure.io/fedora-join/Fedora-Join/issue/83 to let bex know
    that we'd like rooms for classroom sessions  (FranciscoD, 17:18:07)
  * FranciscoD get magazine draft ready for LaTeX 101 session: WIP (I
    have a local draft)  (FranciscoD, 17:18:40)
  * ACTION: FranciscoD update magazine draft for LaTeX 101 and update
    ticket  (FranciscoD, 17:18:53)
  * FranciscoD tag ask-fedora tickts as "future-meeting" and "on-hold":
    DONE (as you'd have noticed from all the fedmsg activity that day!)
    (FranciscoD, 17:19:13)
  * alciregi bt0 x3mboy hellbanger[m] FranciscoD : confirm dates with
    various instructors and request drafts for magazine posts ASAP: WIP
    (FranciscoD, 17:19:31)
  * x3mboy file ticket for using youtube live instead of jitsi etc:
    PENDING  (FranciscoD, 17:20:00)
  * ACTION: x3mboy file ticket for using youtube live instead of jitsi
    etc: PENDING  (FranciscoD, 17:20:17)

* Tickets marked for discussion (next-meeting)  (FranciscoD, 17:21:09)
  * https://pagure.io/fedora-join/Fedora-Join/issue/100: classroom
    magazine post template  (FranciscoD, 17:21:43)
  * bt0 set this up:
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Classroom/magazine_template
    (FranciscoD, 17:22:03)
  * AGREED: Classroom magazine template is good: add link to wiki page,
    close ticket (4x+1,0x0, 0x-1)  (FranciscoD, 17:25:49)
  * ACTION: bt0 add link to classroom magazine template to main page
    (FranciscoD, 17:26:53)

* F29 classrooms readiness status check  (FranciscoD, 17:27:54)
  * Silverblue: we have date and instructor, need magazine post
    (FranciscoD, 17:28:26)
  * ACTION: hellbanger[m] will open a ticket to track the magazine post
    for silverblue session  (FranciscoD, 17:29:36)
  * ACTION: hellbanger[m] needs to speak to instructor to fix a
    date/time for the session  (FranciscoD, 17:30:04)
  * https://pagure.io/fedora-join/Fedora-Join/issue/80: L10N session
    needs magazine post, we have a date  (FranciscoD, 17:33:48)
  * https://pagure.io/fedora-join/Fedora-Join/issue/81: badges session
    does not yet have a date  (FranciscoD, 17:34:16)
  * ACTION: FranciscoD ping instructor again here:
    https://pagure.io/fedora-badges/issue/657 (I'd pinged exactly 7 days
    ago)  (FranciscoD, 17:34:34)
  * https://pagure.io/fedora-join/Fedora-Join/issue/67: IRC 101: still
    needs an instructor  (FranciscoD, 17:34:54)
  * https://pagure.io/fedora-join/Fedora-Join/issue/97: Selinux: has
    week blocked, needs magazine post  (FranciscoD, 17:36:20)
  * ACTION: FranciscoD ping instructor for a magazine post  (FranciscoD,
    17:36:28)
  * https://pagure.io/fedora-join/Fedora-Join/issue/64: containers 101 +
    podman: has draft ready  (FranciscoD, 17:37:04)
  * Current F29 schedule: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Classroom/F29
    (FranciscoD, 17:37:59)
  * https://pagure.io/fedora-join/Fedora-Join/issue/69: LaTeX 101: date
    to be picked from remaining slots, magazine post still needed
    (FranciscoD, 17:40:53)
  * https://pagure.io/fedora-join/Fedora-Join/issue/77: VIM 102: date to
    be picked from remaining slots also, and magazine post also needed
    (FranciscoD, 17:41:26)
  * https://pagure.io/fedora-join/Fedora-Join/issue/120: buildah :
    needs-instructor?  (FranciscoD, 17:42:09)
  * ACTION: FranciscoD ping ticket 77  (FranciscoD, 17:42:49)
  * Summary of F29 sessions: we have 7 sessions in the pipeline, may
    have 2 more.  (FranciscoD, 17:43:56)
  * ACTION: FranciscoD file ticket suggesting a monthly Fedora Join post
    on the commblog  (FranciscoD, 17:54:08)
  * IDEA: we can ask mindshare/council if it's possible to have rewards
    for instructors such as t-shirts or rasp pis; we need to get more
    folks to volunteer as instructors  (FranciscoD, 17:57:05)

* Open floor  (FranciscoD, 17:57:19)
  * We got replies from mattdm about Ask Fedora  (FranciscoD, 17:58:15)
  * Askbot to discourse: Moving would be easier than migrating, also
    lets us clean up  (FranciscoD, 17:59:06)
  * Askbot to discourse: possible to have separate instance, but
    requires us to pay for it, so we're not yet sure if it can be done
    (FranciscoD, 17:59:37)
  * Askbot to discourse: can have non FAS login methods, but that makes
    data gathering harder: In my e-mail, Ive asked mattdm what data
    we're looking for and noted the stats plugin that hhlp found
    (FranciscoD, 18:00:26)
  * Askbot to discourse: we're waiting on more info from mattdm. The
    finance bit is to be discussed at the council meeting he said.
    (FranciscoD, 18:01:24)
  * ACTION: FranciscoD check next coucil meeting minutes to see what was
    discussed  (FranciscoD, 18:01:47)
  * Askbot to discourse: wait for mattdm to tell us what data he wants
    before investigating what discourse plugins can do  (FranciscoD,
    18:04:01)

Meeting ended at 18:04:56 UTC.

--
Thanks,