> Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 00:01:25 +0100
> Subject: Re: (no subject)
> From: snecklif...@gmail.com
> To: remotes...@live.com
>
> Hi Markus,
>
> 2009/8/12 Markus Kesaromous :
>>
>> Dear List,
>> I searched the ath9k source directory
>> /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.6.29/linux-2.6.29.i586/drivers/net/wireless/ath9k
>> for any strings that would hint/suggest support for the Atheros 9220/9223
>> chipset. I saw no such strings.
>
> What strings were you looking for?

I stated:>> for any strings that would hint/suggest support for the Atheros
9220/9223 (meaning  9220 or 9223 ala   grep '922[0-9]'  *  (within the ath9k
directory).

>> So, I emailed Atheros.com sales dept. and asked if they intend to provide an
>> open
>> source driver for the AR9000 series chipsets, esp. the AR9220/AR9223. They
>> replied that they already DO support the AR92xx chipset in the ath9k driver.
>>
>> Before I go out and purchase the mini-pci card, is it true that the ath9k
>> driver
>> has ineed been tested to fully support AR9220/AR9223 chipsets??
>
> Your thought process intrigues me. If you have communication from the
> manufacturer advising it is supported then you have your answer (and a
> waterproof returns policy if they are wrong).

I have learned never to trust sales people. When it comes to dealing with
online

merchants, what the sales contact at the manufacturer  says will not be
sufficient
reason for return for a full refund,  of a device which turns out to  be
unsupported.

My question to you is - why do you have to resort to assuming such a pompous
attitude via questions like "Your thought process intrigues me."

There is a fitting description for such attitude, but I will not spam this
mailing list with such a vivid description.