Dave Jones wrote:
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 01:05:53PM -0500, Mike Christie wrote:
 > Hi,
> > Sorry for the large patch. I was not sure how I should do this. > > I am trying to update the fcoe related (fcoe, libfc, ixgbe, fnic and > dcb) kernel code that is going into fedora 12. The attached patch > updates the fedora 12 kernel to what is in the SCSI maintainer and > network maintainer's trees for 2.6.32-rc1. For scsi this is the > scsi-misc tree > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-misc-2.6.git;a=summary > and for networking this is the net-next tree > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next-2.6.git;a=summary. This scares me. We're shipping 2.6.31 because we can't justify the risk
of shipping rc code in a final release. With huge amounts of change
like this, we're essentially doing the same thing.

There is actually going to be more patches :( There are maybe 50+ other patches floating around the linux scsi and fcoe lists that are not yet in the scsi maintainer's tree. I was going to send those patches once the review for those other patches was done upstream and the scsi maintainer had taken them.

What justification is there for this ?
(If the answer involves the acronym 'RHEL' there are better ways
 than shoving it into Fedora at the last minute)

It might be both RHEL and fedora.

Hans de Goede is working on adding fcoe boot to F12, so I wanted to make sure that he and our users/testers had the most up to date fcoe kernel code.

I think fcoe boot is probably getting added to F12 for RHEL though. I also need to update the fcoe code for RHEL too.