Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 22:48 +0100, Jonathan Roberts wrote:

Seems strange though that we're possibly going to be using lines like
this for marketing when the release is called Cambridge. Maybe it's
time we tried to unify the release name with the artwork?

A very old discussion.  We keep aiming for this goal, but sometimes the
themes come in from new people; if the theme is too good to pass up I
suspect we'll end up in this boat again.  I'd rather have an attractive
theme than a matching theme, personally, although having both would be a
bonus! :-)

There are two problems:
- schedule: even if the selection of the release name was moved near to the development cycle start trying to help the Art team, it still was quite late; - for F9 we really tried such a tie, integrating sulphur crystals in the graphics, but the feed-back was negative so we took it down at the last minute. You can't link a good theme with any name (Cambridge is also tough from this point of view - use a stylised version of the university? a science lab? - not many options).