Jeffrey Tadlock wrote:
(...) sell items with a small profit.  In the US that
would require reporting said profit which Fedora Project is not really
in the position to do.  The EMEA group would likely be able to work
around this by opening the store under their control and having it
fall under the non-profit status.  We do not have that in the US as of
now.
Good point. I didn't thought about profit reporting yet, but I thought about having EMEA's association deal with the European store anyway since we need someone to control and distribute the profits.

Why not open the NA-store with the EMEA NPO, too? Might make it more difficult or even impossible to have the profits help the NA ambassadors. But at least people in NA would be able to get merchandise stuff (which again is some sort of advertisement for us) which they hardly can nowadays. We could still transfer that store to the NA NPO as soon as one is established.

Another decision the Store SIG had to reach was whether a single
entity could serve everyone.  After looking at the various options it
is most likely that one store cannot adequately serve all areas of the
world.
I totally agree on this. I actually think that's the point where the Store SIG spent too much time, trying to have one global store. And spreadshirt is really perfectly organized to cover north America and Europe with just two stores.

Also, the French already have a spreadshirt store, so it might be wise
for the EMEA to see about working with them to avoid paying the annual
fees to have a customizable store twice.
I think it might prove difficult to do this as the French store collects money for the French association, while the European store is meant to get the EMEA association some money. But we'll look at this - what do you think about that, MrTom?

I'd also like to ask spreadshirt if it's possible to have 2 or 3 stores (NA, EU, maybe FR) that have the same items and pricing and only pay the annual fee once...somehow. Or maybe for a reduced fee.

-- red