Just an idea - could we have the menu also created from a Wiki page e.g. a sort of "table of contents" page.

Using Wiki's linking capability, it's dead easy to create this menu page on the Wiki side. Not sure how easy it would be to then read it in and then use it from the Maven side to build the left hadn menu and determine what other pages to pull in.

(We use Twiki here at work - and that's how Twiki's left-hand-menu bar is created, just as a regular page which is then processed dynamically to create a left hand menu)

-- Rob

Marcel Offermans wrote:
Rich, Rob,

The way we setup the wiki now is that it uses a velocity template which embeds a static menu on the left. The reason for doing that is that we then could use exactly the same menu when generating stuff from within Maven and still have it look like one website.

So basically, there is no relation between the confluence site and the menu, the whole thing is hardcoded.

What we need to consider is if we want to keep using a static menu like this.

If we don't, we will have to accept that whatever dynamic menu we generate from Confluence (and there are plenty of ways to do that, so that won't be the problem) won't be automatically duplicated on the Maven generated pages. However, we can have those pages use a simplified menu that simply contains a link back to the homepage.

If we do want to keep the static menu, we can still add a second menu level for each main item, like we did for "documentation". If you add the {children} tag to that page, you will get a list of all child pages that you add below the documentation page.

Greetings, Marcel