Thank you Nina. I tried the whistle it did not work. I live in a rural area with neighbors fairly far apart. I did put food out but it has not been touched. I did call the AC you recommended and set up an appointment for tonight after work.

The good thing is that the dogs have not been back on the property since he disappeared. That makes me think they are not responsible here. If they had caught a nice juicy cat, it seems to me that they would have come back for some more cats (they are all inside now). In fact, they seem to have lost interest in my property which is very odd after their obsession last week. They have not been back. There are no other predators in the area.

I don't know what to think at this point. He is a homebody and I don't see him wandering too far. However, he can hold a grudge. He hasn't had the best month. He got his teeth cleaned and a vet check the week before, then he got attacked by the dogs. (In his mind, these are both the same types of events.) Then I kept him inside for over a week and wouldn't let him out. He could be REALLY mad.

I do appreciate the prayers.

From: Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: OT-Simba is missing
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:20:11 -0800

Faye,
What's going on with Simba? Have you seen him at all? Did you call an AC? Did you try the whistle? Are you putting food out for him? When my Ursula went missing I drove my entire neighborhood crazy until she showed back up. My mom made cards with her picture on them and all the pertinent info, (name, phone, a brief story about her, when she went missing) and I handed them out to people on the street. I even knocked on doors. EVERYONE knew I was looking for her. I suspect she was taken in by someone who wanted to keep her, (she's quite the stunner), but finally figured I wasn't going to stop looking for her and let her out of the house. I assume you've contacted the local shelter. My shelter has 'missing' and 'found' clip boards that you can post to. They take your phone number and if anyone calls they refer them to you. Have you put a found ad in the paper? Don't give up hope! I'm still thinking about him and praying for his return.

Nina