Hi Sally,
My Buddie had liver cancer and had an e-tube, it is less traumatic to install and is the preferred choice if the tube is only going to be needed for less than a year. Buddie had hers alittle over 3 months, although she really wasn't getting any feedings for the last three weeks or so, but we wanted to be sure she was going to eat enough and maintain her weight before we removed it. There is much less chance of infection with an e-tube vs a peg tube (inserted directly into the stomach), and the surgery for a peg tube is more involved, and e-tube can be istalled in 15 or 20 minutes by a competent vet. Buddie had her surgery and came home within 2 hours (I waited for her).

The biggest factor with the e-tube is to be sure it is placed correctly (between the 6th and 7th rib, it should stop BEFORE entering the stomach, the vet should take an X-ray after placement to be sure it is in the correct position).

--
Belinda
Happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties ...
http://www.bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candle Light Service
http://www.bemikitties.com/cls

HostDesign4U.com  (affordable hosting & web design)
http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs (non-profit web sites)
http://bmk.bemikitties.com