Even if I was going to do, I was going to do so during the time she is
being spayed, so that she doesn't have to go through another anesthesia
for it-

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 5:03 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: bone marrow test

I agree that I would not put a cat under just for FeLV testing. But as
for
the painfulness, are you all saying it is painful during the test or
afterwards?
Simon was out during the test, but I feel like I am in twilight zone if
you
are all saying it is very painful afterwards because he really did not
seem to
even notice it and both the oncologist and the internist said it was no
big
deal.  I would not have done something to him if the vets had said it
would be
painful.  Maybe a bone marrow biopsy for lymphoma, which is what he had,
is
somehow different than what you are talking about, but I don't think so.
Michelle