79% chance of a full recovery is a very reassuring prognosis!  All doctors are hesitant to give patients "false" hope, so his chances seem very good indeed.  Being in rescue, I'm sure you know how important a positive state of mind is, and you've already seen JoJo through even worse.  Do you use flax seed oil in their food?  You get it at the health food store, (the oil, not the pills) and add it to their food.  For somebody Oreo's size, I think about a tablespoon would be enough.  I think the Omega oils help with inflammation and joint mobility.  I used it for my Vixen, (she had arthritis) and it really helped her.  It's good for their coat too, and it can't hurt.

Thanks for the advise about the trap.  I have been feeding them in an airline crate while I waited for the trap to arrive so they are already getting used to eating in a confined space.  You're right though, I might as well use the trap itself.  My husband is away on business, when he gets back I'll ask him to help me set it up.  Did I tell you I've got an extra month or two breathing room for them?  Virginia's son isn't going to rent her house for at least 30 days, maybe 60.  I don't want to trap and confine them until I have to.  Pray whoever he rents to likes cats.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if they didn't mind them being there?  Better yet, why don't we pray for cat lovers who would take care of them!

Nina

Hideyo Yamamoto wrote:
Thank you, Nina.  The one comforting factor is that, the surgeon (who
did surgery on Oreo and JoJo) was very confident about his full recovery
(he said something like 79%), the prognosis is good, whereas it as not
so for JoJo, he had a pretty good chance that he might be paralyzed for
the rest of his life (the prognosis was fair) - but he did indeed
recover and can walk again) -  but regardless, you are right, this is
not the worst thing could happened.  The next to Oreo, there was a
really sweet kitty whose legs got amputated - he went home the next day
- but again there are always wheel chair, right?

Nina, I meant to talk to you about the trap - even if you are not
trapping them right now, please take the trap to the yard where they eat
and start feeding in the trap without setting it.  You can keep the flap
door stay open using a big pot or put a stick or something like that and
make sure that it's open sturdy.  So, by the time you are ready to trap,
they are already used to be eating in the trap - and more likely to get
every one in there.  Since the trap is pretty big, sometime cats get
afraid to go in there until they feel that they are safe.  Does it make
sense?