Also, my vet said to wipe the vial top with alcohol before each injection into the vial. Michelle R. sent me home with another sterilizing agent to wipe after the alcohol as well. I can't remember what it's called, I think it begins with an "M" (the wording has run off the plastic bag), I'll ask her next time I talk to her.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

If you use one needle to mix, another to inject, and a third to draw and inject the remainder, it should remain sterile. We have vials of medicine we inject our dog with, and each vial lasts about 25 injections or so. It is supposed to remain sterile, because each needle is sterile when it goes in to draw it. Of course, maybe it also has preservatives in it that we don't know about.
Michelle