To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 2:27 PM
Subject: Update at Nina's house - stretched the VO for Jazz

Thank you to all those who inquired about Zevon's condition, here's a
brief update on what's going on at my house:

Zevon:  Zevon continues to insist that whatever his physical
disabilities are, he will bully his body into submission!  He has
improved slightly, but still has some paralysis in his back legs.  We
are keeping him as still and quiet as possible and using a support strap
to make sure he doesn't lose his balance while walking or standing.  He
has a follow-up appointment on Thursday, so we should know more by then.

Gypsy:  Gypsy's IBD has not improved.  I joined the IBD group and they
are all adamant about the benefits of a raw diet in treating these poor
afflicted kitties.  I ordered "Know Better Feline Instincts TC" to mix
with raw muscle meats, liver and hearts, (I'm still looking for a good
source for hearts).  She's been on the new diet for 3 days now.  I'm
praying this will be what she needs, I'm running out of options.  Of
course, every time I say that, I find something else to try.  She's
eating better, but she's still a walking skeleton and she's been
"leaking" watery stool all over herself and the house.  I've tried to
clean her up as best I can, but being semi-feral, it's not easy.  I
don't know how much longer I should allow this to go on, if she doesn't
show improvement soon, I may have to say goodbye.

Grace:  Grace continues to do well on 1/4 tab of Dox (25mg) daily.
She's feeling so good that she's being very naughty, (what a delight!).
Her third eyelids were up this morning, so I may add some human
interferon to her medication.  I've also been giving her Sally's
Transfer Factor mixed with baby food.

Jazz:  Jazz had been acting sluggish for about 4 or 5 days.  Her gums
are red and inflamed and her breathing was raspy.  I had been giving her
Transfer Factor, and it did seem to help a little.  I had 7 vials of VO,
so I decided to take a chance and stretch two of them for her.  On Sat I
gave her .4cc, (I wrapped the left-over in a sterile alcohol soaked pad
and then in plastic wrap), Sun - .4 cc, today she'll get .4cc, Tue and
Wed I'll give her .2 each day.  She's already feeling better, this
morning she was chasing bugs during her supervised backyard time.  Her
breathing is normal again as well. This is the first time I've
"stretched" a vial of VO, it seems to be working okay.  If the VO
doesn't do the trick, I'll take her in for blood tests.  I've been
debating about ordering a new supply of VO, although, where the money's
going to come from, I can't tell you.

Thanks for caring, keep those prayers coming!
Nina