Sally,

Forgive me for asking this (I do not remember reading
the original post from that terrible ordeal) but why
did you not sue this particular veterinarian?

True, although vets MAY have the right to contact
animal control, they CANNOT on false pretenses (kinda
like a "false arrest".) Just because she MAY believe
that you are "endangering" your animals, that is FAR
from the truth.

In fact, it is a crime for individuals to call the
police and file a "false report" under "false
pretenses". If done, the person who filed the claim
will go to jail!

The same applies to veterinarians who unjustly call
animal control under false pretenses. Veterinarians
who participate in these unjust and false activities
are abusing their title and license as a veterinarian.

I would not have blinked an eye. I would have sued and
had her licenses permanently revoked to where she
would NOT be able to practice in ANY state!

It is because of veterinarians such as this, that
makes it hard for responsible pet guardians to trust.
Due to the bad behavior and God-like complex that
unfortunately some veterinarians have, is literally
driving away their own clients/patients.

If veterinarians are going to behave in this fashion,
pet guardians will quit going to the vet altogether.
No one is going to take their kid to the doctor if
they feel threatened that their kid will be taken
away.

It is extremely sad. You go to the veterinarian for
help, to make your fur-baby feel better, but instead
they either take him/her away or have him/her killed.
What is the veterinarian field coming to?

Lora

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Dear Gloria:

You are being too kind when you say that some vets
are just more imperfect than others, or is this meant
as a sarcastic understatement?

I am still suffering a year later due to that
Vet-from-Hell who forced me into allowing her to
euthanize a geriatric kitty of mine I had taken for a
blood panel (who when asked told me he wanted to go
home to die at a time of his own choosing through an
AC) by threatening to call Animal Control to have him
seized for that purpose.

Then after I sacrificed Caramel because of the
unknown consequences to the rest of my rescues, should
Animal Control come knocking on my door. She still
called them and sent them to my home and I lived on
pins and needs worrying for months afterwards.

Perhaps some of you remember my anguished posts from
Feb-March '04?

Some vets are far more than merely "imperfect!"

Sally in San Jose