Hideyo,
I too suspect that it's faulty info. I have a friend that rescues and has taken in FIV+. As long as they are friendly she mixes them with the negatives and has never had any others come up + because of it. Most vets will advise on the side of caution. I know you have a lot to consider at your house, but I truly hope you don't have to isolate another kitty. You have probably surmised from my posts that I feel it is a lousy way for them to live. Yes, they're safer, but is that always the most important thing? I worry about the quality of life for poor little Ginger, and now, after all Buddha has been through, I hate to think of her sharing that fate. Just my opinion, which I can't seem to keep to myself!
Nina

TenHouseCats wrote:

hideyo, i would be very interested in seeing any info showing
non-aggressive contact passing the FIV virus--that goes against
everything i have read and if there IS such info, it's important that
all of us with positives know! (i tend to suspect it's not current
info, but since things change so quickly now that they're actually
doing research, i'm open....)

thanks!

MC