I'm surprised that the canned pumpkin didn't work.  Have you tried hairball ointment?  Let us know what the vet says today.  I know some people do use plain old vaseline for hairball control instead of laxotone or some other specific product.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 hello list
i need some advice... my son is urinating okay but no stool at all in the last 3 days. i need to know if vaseline (white petroleum jelly) is okay for a cat? just a little on the paw too loosen the stool. Ive tryed pumpkin,olive oil and butter?? please email me back i dont know what else to try???/?

"My cat the clown: paying no mind to whom he should impress. Merely living his life, doing what pleases him, and making me smile."
- Anonymous

Do you Yahoo!?