Hey Michelle,

So all in all, how much do you project that it will cost?

Thanks so much -

Gloria

At 11:26 AM 4/6/2005, you wrote:
Gloria,
My vet's liaison, Michelle Rose, has a packet of info for any vet that's interested in getting a special dispensation from the FDA, (your vet's office has to make the call). After you get the approval it still needs to be ordered from the UK. I'm pretty sure Michelle has included that info as well, (the company is called Abbey Vet). Marlene just posted about her investigations concerning availability in Canada, apparently it's not available there yet except on an emergency basis.
BTW, Marlene,
You asked about the costs. So far it's cost me about $750 bucks for three boxes, which is Abbey Vet's minimum order, (5 double vials in each box). Part of that cost includes the monetary exchange rate with Europe, which is not great right now. When we can get it from Canada, we'll at least save in that regard, and the shipping should be faster.
The 3 boxes of VO are at least enough for 3, separate 5 day protocols, since my cats are so small, I've been able to treat two cats at a time, with one getting the lion's share, (whoever's sickest). So, it does last awhile. I've just placed my 3rd order, (still scratching my head about how I'm going to pay my credit card off!).

Nina

Gloria B. Lane wrote:

What is the latest re how to get Feline Interferon, btw? I have a vet who's interested, if I know where to start. Do we go thru the bureaucracy / FDA, or can we order from England, or what?

Gloria