Nina, I am so sorry to hear about Jazz. I know exactly how you feel. I lost Princess to CRF 4 years ago and I was on that site. She was 17 and was my pride & joy. You never get over them but after a long time it does become easier and know that Jazz will always be with you next to your heart and some day you will see her again and you both will be re-united.
This is also a great site and a lot of support. As far as Tom was concern, I was told by another vet, not my vet, what had to be done and I kept putting it off. I couldn't bring myself to do it, even though I kept telling myself that it had to be done and for some reason I went to this FELV site to see what everyone would said about it. I know now that Tom deserves  to be here. I will still at least try to find him a home if possible. I have a kitty that has Stomasstisis and his system is weak. He seems to get every little thing and the vet bills are on going. I don't know if he would get this from Tom or not, but I sure hope not. Tom is a great cat. I have 4 kitties already. Two were abused, & one was running for his life from 30 turkeys when he was 5 weeks old. The other one just moved his self in from next door, as he & Samson use to play paws under the fence when Bentley was a baby. Bentley grew up and came over the fence and just moved his self in.
Again, I am so sorry for the loss of Jazz and know that she is there waiting for you.

Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello my beloved list,
Thank you everyone for your kind words and sympathy. I have been a
total wreck, but knowing you guys care, really helps. I'm walking
around like a zombie, doing just what I have to do to keep the rest of
the household going. I'm steeped in denial. I keep expecting her to
walk around the corner with that fabulous tail of hers raised high in
greeting. I don't know how that can be, we all try so hard to prepare
ourselves, it was still so sudden and unexpected. Gracy is taking it
hard too. And of course, there's the second guessing...

I've been reading the posts about Tom and I have to say it gives me so
much hope to hear how you folks have enlightened Barbara and given such
a deserving cat a chance at life. (Jen, I know you are probably sorry
about your outburst, but it made me feel so good to know that Jazz has
stirred such emotion, thank you). I so hope Barbara decides to keep
him. I can just imagine the tendrils of understanding spreading to
everyone, one owner and one vet at a time. It's just inspiring.

I didn't expect to be posting so soon, but I just had to tell you how
much you guys mean to me.
Nina

Do you Yahoo!?