That's a great story too Hideyo. Makes you realize maybe there is hope
for the world after all.....Kerry

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Hideyo
Yamamoto
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 5:01 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: RE: Hello everyone, long time since I've been here

Of course not! - the only thing I kept thinking was that thank god, he
was not a feral cat (he apparently belonged to someone as he had a red
collar, but no one claimed him at the pound afterwards though he was
seen on TV everywhere - and that's why I ended up adopting him) -anyway,
because he is a domesticated cat, he was very vocal and expressive and
that's why we knew that he was there - but I got so scared of thoughts
about how about if he were a feral cat - s/he would just die without
asking for any help, and no one even would know - and that could happen
very easily any crawl space that people decided to close down and so
forth -

I had a friend who got into "rescuing cats" business a few years ago due
to the below incident.  She moved into a house as a tenant, and kept
hearing cats meowing and she did not know where it was coming from, and
lasted for weeks, she couldn't figure it out, but the cat was screaming
for a help every single day. And after a couple of weeks, she finally
found the crawl space door (she did not even know there was a crawl
space in the house) -the cat was laying there, and dyeing, she picked
him up right away and took him to a vet, and on the way to the vet - he
passed away - what a sad story - I couldn't stop crying when she told me
the story (even now) -it must have been such a scary situation for the
kitty - anyway, she is one the very people I admire in terms of helping
feral cats- everything I know now I learned from her -

Also she experienced that she found remaining of dozens of kitties in
the crawl space by university in town, they purposely closed it down so
that cats are not around - again it is just so hard to talk about it as
there are so many sad stories, too.

Anyway, the kitty's existence (crawl space) lead her to save hundreds
and hundreds of cats in this town - but still very sad -

Also she e