I am glad that you knew about the book and support his program –

I haven’t completed reading his book yet, but is natural cortisone extracted from a plant??  Do you know if there are any side effect for this?  I am definitely intrigued by it – I am also a big admire of Dr.M Goldstein –

Basically (to the list who may not be familiar with approach) – what they believe in is that – virus itself does not kill cats whether it’s FIP or FeLV or FIV for that matter – but their compromised immune system does – that’s why some cats are exposed to the same virus and may not be effected at all and some do – and that’s why they feel that it’s important to build up their immune system before they get too weak to fight off whatever they are fighting against -

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 4:44 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: possible treatment for FeLV?

In a message dated 4/25/2005 5:21:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

it uses (natural) cortisone

I've been an ardent follower of Dr.Plechner since reading his book, co-authored with Martin Zucker, "Pet Allergies: Remedies for An Epidemic".

This is a must read for ALL pet guardians.

Dr. Plechner's findings are one of the many reasons I have supported dietary changes for my "kids".

My personal vets have been supportive of his work and have worked very closely with me with ALL the issues I have encountered over the years with allergies, especially the food allergies.

A very large part in my decision to feed vegetarian and "natural" diets....

A very interesting fact, since we had just recently discussed Dr. Goldstein, is that he also is a FIRM believer in treating the cats we presented to him with natural cortisone, supplements and a dietary change.

In our cats (non positive) that were treated by Dr. G. for various cancers, some very advanced, some recently diagnosed, we had  "mixed" results as far as the indiviual cats' response to treatment.

It is my personal belief, that this is an avenue of treatment that should definitely be considered.

I have been fortunate to have vets that are 'open' to alternative treatment methods.

I am sure if any of you on the list contacted The American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association, they could direct you you to a certified holistic vet in your area.