Kyle,
I don't have anything to add, I just wanted you to know that I'm with the two of you in spirit and praying for you guys.
Nina

Melbeach wrote:

Okay I'm a little relieved. It turns out that it was depomedrol that Brissle
was given. I read it takes about 3 days to take effect. Yesterday was a little
scary. I made the liver shake and gave some to Brissle yesterday. I think that
may have stimulated her to eat a little. This morning, she ate a little bit of
tuna. Sally sent me some Transfer Factor that I will try today. It's touch and
go for sure. Hopefully the depomedrol will have an effect.

Michelle I think you're right. Some vets just get real defensive when you
suggest anything outside of the box. Thanks for forwarding your oncologist's
info. That will give me extra ammo should it come up again. I think you might
be right also about the adrenalin thing. I've noticed before Brissle acting
more affectionate after the vet's and especially after a stressful pilling
episode. After giving her Baytril a couple weeks ago for the first time in
awhile, she got real affectionate. I was wondering if it was the Baytril
kicking in after only a few hours, or if she was coming back to me for
forgiveness after the pilling incident.

No, we didn't take an HCT since Brissle's transfusion last Friday. God I hope
she doesn't need another transfusion this soon. Where I mentioned that my
internist's choices were chemo, transfusions, or steroids, I think I worded
that poorly. He was suggesting that if money was an issue, using transfusions
(and nothing else) when needed was a possible option.

Thanks for listening.
-Kyle