Good for you and Lucky – I think Lucky is living up to the expectation of his name – though I am sure that it’s not just a luck, but lots of TLC from you and his family – I hope he will continue to live happily and healthfully hereafter -

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 9:58 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: need help - a negative, later positive - ?

Gloria:

I'm an old member, but don't get here as often as I'd like... or should.. but heres our experience. We found Lucky, at about 5 weeks old, the result of a "hit and run". She survived the weekend in the ER and the next Monday went to our vet for further evaluation and testing. She tested negative for everything. She was healthy for the next FOUR YEARS until she was infected with Haemobartonella and could not seem to fight it off. The (new) vet retested her and she tested positive for FeLV. She had not been exposed to any other positives, so the vet says she probably had it since birth. She says babies should not be tested that young as the test is unreliable.

PS..Lucky is now 6 years old, and is still healthy.. although we are always on guard.

Jo