From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2005 1:56 PM
To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Akira

Thank you everyone for all your prayers,
Akira is resting peacefully on my bed right now, very calm and serene....she is dying....we have decided to let her go on her own....

They got the blood results on her back Saturday..but they were incomplete...the CBC was missing...the results were so scewed and far fetched teh tech's at the lab didn't think they were right so they were waiting until Monday (today) to have a Pathologist review them.  Akira's vet called them adn asked for the numbers anyways...her white cell count was 400,000!!!!!  and her lymphocytes (sp) were high too....she has cancer.......so that is what caused her to quit eating...well...her liver values are 16 times  normal.....and she is hypothyroid (I think that is the one..it is the one cats dont usually get)   she is in liver failure....(fatty liver ) from not eating....the vet said that in healthy (non FeLV+) cats the survival rate is 70% with intensive care....for just teh fatty liver alone (in the stage she was in)  and by that she meant a permanent feeding tube, 8 months or more of feeding her 6-10 times a day, and fighting any infection she would get from the feeding tube.....but then on top of that she has cancer..somewhere...and we would have to find and treat that as well..so ultrasounds, x rays, biopsies...to even see if the cancer is treatable....plus the treatment/surgery IF it was....PLUS the Fatty liver...PLUS  the FeLV.....and she probally wouldn't make it anyways...not to mention the tourture of all those procedures,a nd staying at teh vets office for a least another week...I decided to bring her home.....What made it so much worse is I had to work this weekend..from 7 30 am until 10 pm both Saturday adn Sunday..so I got to hardley spend any time with her until today....
So thank you whoever sent the number for Janet the AC....I called her adn she spoke with Akira...Akira does NOT want to go to the vet..nor does she want any help...right now...she wants to go at home with us around...so so be it....She wants to live every remaining minute of her life in peace and home...Janet was complelty amazed at how powerful, beautifull, nad strong Akira's soul was.  Which was comforting..but not a surprise..as many others (amature) have said the same things...Janet says she has only encountered a few other Angelic Beings in physical forms before...and Akira is one of them......

So just an update on her..and how things are going...she is calm, not in pain, and peaceful, and ready to go...she understands what is happening, and is ready for it....Please pray for her,and send all the suppportiive energy you can to her....Iprobally wont be on for a few days at least...but thank you to everyone who prayed for her, gave m,e info when I first found her, and was  a shoulder to cry on...you are all some of the best friends Ive ever had the pleasure of knowing....
Lisa and the furbrats
Akira, Indy, Spooky, Mona, Lancelot, Bowtie, Bennie and Anza