I have to reply to this---regulars will recall my shock/horror last year
when I discovered my newish petsitter was baaaaad news--nothing like I
imagined her to be.
She was (still is) the HEAD TECH at my vet clinic. I was so thrilled
when she agreed to petsit. Then the red flags began to wave at me until
they couldn't be ignored.
At first she denied everything, then when I was able to confront her
with the evidence, she caved in and admitted she hadn't been giving the
supplements to the positives. Began grovelling and citing "family
emergency." After talking to you guys, I wrote to the owner, let him
know exactly what happened, and said I did not want Adele ever handling
my cats at the clinic again.
I didn't let you guys know what happened after that.
He FINALLY replied after 5 weeks--and a fairly insulting letter it was
too! He basically rejected my comments. Said she'd always been
exemplary, but he'd passed on my request to her and she "had agreed" not
to handle my cats.
Since then, I happened to talk to a potential new sitter. We chatted for
a longish time, I said that I had had one bad experience otherwise my
sitters had been good, and she said that she certainly knew a bad
petsitter. Turned out she was talking about the same person! She had
worked with her for 3 years, and said she was far from exemplary--she
was a flake and completely unreliable. Often failed to give animals
their meds when she was supposed to, preferred to play computer games!
She figures it's one of those situations where she puts up with the low
pay because she's comfortable there, and the owner who is a tightwad,
gets away with paying her a pittance.
The woman should have been fired years ago. After much heart-searching,
I continue to go there because I love my 2 vets there.
Anyway, just a reminder that you can't take anyone at face value--vet
technician or no. There's good and bad everywhere.
Kerry