Moogie just faded away really, nothing too dramatic. She was dehydrated, depressed, had mouth ulcers, and had begun to hemorrhage a little from her nose. I had her euthanised, rather than prolong her suffering with transfusions that would only have bought her a few months at best.

I think that the stress of pregnancy and delivery can often make a FELV+ queen go from inactive to the active stages of FELV quickly. It is an added stressor to their systems, you know? It's probably common for FELV+ queens to die not long after giving birth, though Bob (Moogie's momma) lasted about 6 months or so after Moogie was born.

Jenn

Jenn,
So, you're not only an exemplary cat-mom, your an excellent girlfriend too!

I'm sorry to hear about Moogie and her Momma.  What were Moogie's complications?  I lost my Jazz at 18 mos too.  I'm guessing the fur-mom of my pos litter also died.  Before I knew their status, I used to wonder what kind of cold-blooded person would dump a box of 2 1/2 week old babies.  How much trouble is it to let mom take care of them until they're weaned?  After I found out about the FeLV, I figured Momma must have died.  So sad.
Nina
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.