Great work Jenn!

Let's hope she turns out felv negative.

Bonnie

 www.elephants.com
Thanks to everyone for all the advice. I called my vet today (the better one), and told them what I had, and what I was doing, and they said without bringing her in for bloodwork (which would require a 12 hour fasting that I don't think she would live through at this point), I was doing everything right, and to keep up what I'm doing. Today, when I took her out of the kennel to wobble around while I made her breakfast goo, she found my other cat's dry food and was eating it like there was no tomorrow! I put the mush in her face, and she ate about half of it too. So far, she still will not drink though (that's one of the reasons why I'm doing the wet food mixture still). I checked her today, and she is much less dehydrated already, and she seems to be spunkier, wanting to explore the house (but of course, falling over every few steps in the rear). I went to the store first thing this morning (I live in a very rural area, and all the stores were closed last night after 8 pm when I got her) and bought some unflavored Pedilyte, and plan to syringe that into her shortly (I'm aiming for 9 CC's), in addition to using that in the food goo mix instead of regular water. I'm about to go on an unflavored yogurt hunt in a few minutes, I tried one store, but none of the non-fruity ones had any potassium. She may end up with more fruit yogurt. I don't think the fruit will do her any harm, one of my healthy cats BEGS for the stuff, and I always share with him, and he's healthy as can be. So far, still no signs of need for the cat box. I've since looked online, and she is what is known these days as a Snowshoe Cat. In fact, she's a classic example of the breed. Jeff (my boyfriend) is already highly attached to her. I think it was love at first meow for him (she has the biggest most desperate sounding meow). He says she is the cutest little thing he has ever seen, I think he just found his breed of choice.

Jenn