Hi everyone. Some of you may, or may not know about my newest rescue cat, Bones. She was almost dead when some local kids brought her to me last Wednesday night. I have nursed her out of severe hypothermia and starvation, but I am fairly sure she has a broken back (she still needs x-rays, and has an appointment on Wednesday). She is going to need surgery to stabilize the bones in her back, to ever get to have any normal quality of life, and be free of the pain she is in (she is in extreme pain if she moves at all now, it has gotten worse today than it was). I will be calling around tomorrow to area vets to get an estimate of the costs, and I will probably need help. If anyone can donate any amount to help Bones get her surgery, we would be very grateful. I will be setting up a special fund, and as soon as I know which vet I will be using, I will post the info. If any of you know (or are) a vet within a 100 mile radius of Vermont who would be willing to do Bone's surgery now and take payments, please let me know!

In addition, we would also be very grateful for any prayers and positive energy you could send our way right now. I lost my beloved Do-Dah to a broken spine in 1998, and this is very hard for me, but I refuse to let Bones die from injuries that could be fixed if only we had money. I will be working many hours and doing everything I can to get her into surgery as quickly as possible. The sooner she gets her spine stabilized, the better chance she will have of ever being able to walk again (she could walk yesterday, today she can barely stand). Of course, even if she needs a wheelchair, I will still be keeping her and doing everything I can to help her have as good of a quality of life as I possibly can. This is my shot at redemption, I believe, because I could not help Do-Dah when he has this same injury. Please keep us in your thoughts, if you can, we need all the help we can get.

Bones is a very tiny snowshoe girl, she is a seal point with ice blue eyes, a big meow, and a loud and grateful purr. I named her Bones because she was, literally, so thin you could see every bone in her body when she first arrived (yes, only 3 days of nursing have made a huge difference already!). Please send her any positive energy you can spare! She has such a big heart, for such a poor little thing!