I absolutely agree---Many cats are tested as kittens and never tested again—even if indoor-outdoor.  This is not a new disease but has been around forever.  So I think its really hard to do any statistical research as unless a cat becomes ill, they are not seen.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Tad Burnett
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 2:25 PM
To:
felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] Re: average lifespan

A couple things to think about.....Many many cats are POS but never tested and many of these will never be tested because they don't get sick...and these cats don't get put into the data base that we use to figure life expectance...So in reality the life span average may be longer than we think....

Also there are advances being made every day that may be a cure...Like feline interferon...There is always the hope that such will be available in time for a cat that is still well today...Plus we know things today..like good food and low stress that we know will help to keep him healthy...

Tad
PS...I have an old girl..vet thinks she is over 12 years old but she has been with me for almost 2 years and she is doing well...I did just loose my old Sammy that I have had for a year and a half...I thought the 2 old timers were past the age where it would get them but Sammy developed a huge tumor in his mouth in just a few hours and I had to let him go to escape the pain that it was causing him.....

Chris wrote:

I’ve got a 6 + year old who tested pos last year though vet thinks she had it all along and a 4+ that I took in as a stray last year who also turned out to be pos….