Hi, Nina. I do ask for pictures, most are able to take one with a
digital camera and email them to me. It's my preferred way of working.
In the case of a feral that doesn't know its name, I would call on the
animal with that name (even though they don't'  know it) who is being
cared for by [x person] in [city, state]. I rarely do phone sessions
although yes, I can pick up on the animal's energy through the person.

I have noticed that working with feral animals that the information does
come in a little differently. Much more in pictures and impressions or I
have a sense of "knowing" something, rather than words forming in my
head. You're right, they don't have a perspective of the human world so
sometimes I have to explain things in great detail to get a concept
across, sometimes I can just send the whole concept as a thought-form
and they pick up what I mean.

For calming techniques, I haven't worked with trying to capture wild,
sick or injured animals so I don't know if I can offer a lot here. But
the biggest thing is to be sure that your energy is not overwhelming to
them. Sometimes people are so focused on "I have to get this animal off
the street, I have to get this animal off the street" that they "push"
energy at the animal, which can be very frightening if they're not used
to human contact. You can picture them in your mind being calm, and
visualize them surrounded by white (divine), pink (love), blue
(soothing/calming) and green (healing) Light, like in a cocoon. The idea
is to float this energy at them and imagine it surrounding them and
infusing them with these energies. Again, don't force it at them or make
it stronger than it needs to be. Better gentler than stronger.

Another thing is to get on their level (i.e. sit or crawl on the
ground), so that you're at their level and don't loom over them, which
can also be frightening. Finally, although this would not be my
preferred method (I'd rather wait them out and earn their trust), for
cats you could use one of those large nets on a pole, like they use for
lifting fish out of the water, and cover the animal with that. This will
be traumatizing to most of them, so Bach's Rescue Remedy comes in hand
for shock and trauma to not only the physical body but the mental and
emotional states as well. Most cats do not like things put in their
mouth, so if you can't get 4 drops in their mouth every 5-15 minutes
several times, then put the 4 drops on the back of the ear and rub it
in, or rub them into their paw pads. These are thin-skinned areas that
will absorb the remedy.

Kat