Nina, Great job I am going to forward this to the local news station.
Cherie

Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks Joan for forwarding this. I've sent off emails to both address
and I'll follow them with faxs. Here's what I wrote in case someone
wants to use it as a template.

Could someone please explain to me why feral cats that have lived on the
Corpus Christi Monastery in the Bronx, NY for years are now targeted for
eradication? What exactly have these animals done to warrant this? How
is it that they have lived in harmony with the Dominican Nuns for the
past eight years, but now are cruelly being removed from their habitat?
What is it that they are doing, besides controlling the vermin
population and enriching the compound with their beauty and grace that
leads you to take these measures? Why is it that you are refusing the
help of animal activists to resolve this issue in a humane manner? I've
always had questions about practices in the Catholic Church, but this is
not only puzzling behavior, it's down right cruel. Please rethink your
position on this matter. If not for the sake of God's creatures placed
in your care, than for the sake of your parishioners and those that
might have been drawn to the church otherwise.

Nina

> To protest this heartless and ill-guided assault on the cats, please
>contact the Corpus Christi Monastery and the Archdiocese of NY by phone,
>email or fax (see below.) Let them know we expect more from our religious
>leaders than pointless cruelty towards innocent animals:
>
> Corpus Christi Monastery
> phone: 718-328-6996
> fax: 718-328-1974
> email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Archdiocese of NY
> phone: 212-371-1000 (ask for Public Relations or the Vicar of the
>Religious Office)
> fax: 212-826-6020
> email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>Act now! The cats have not been fed for five days and counting!!
>
> From www.nunsopbronx.homestead.com:
>"The DOMINICAN NUNS of Corpus Christi Monastery, Bronx, New York, are a
>monastic community dedicated to a life of prayer and penance for the
>preaching mission of the Dominican Order and for the salvation of souls."
>
> For more on Trap-Neuter-Return: www.neighborhoodcats.org

Have a purrfect day
Cherie