Tobbie is an older dog...about 7-8 yrs. old.  He has digestive, neurological problems and arthritis.  Good temperment tho.

Yes I know there are breed rescues....and I have used them....my problem is...once I "foster" them ....they stay forever!!!!!  I adopted my current cat out THREE TIMES and she just kept coming back!

REALLY NOT ready for another animal.....but then...I guess that's when you can be certain they appear.  .....Funny thing is...I was just starting to 'consider'  maybe....adding another cat to keep Coebeio -my cat- company because she really misses Quint....I did the idiot thing and prayed..ok..its in Your hands...YOU pick the cat. (the cat I picked a few weeks ago died at its foster home before I picked it up in a -freak accident)......hmmm I wonder if God heard me say C*A*T?!  ...yeah!  like that matters!  ;-)  Guess I just have to suck it up and take my own advice.

Thanks for the support.  You hang in there too.

OH...and P.S. :

Walking with your head down and eyes averted......yeah...that doesn't work either...that's how I came across Coebeio!
 :-)

Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yep, I know the scenario. Since my feelings of overwhelment started, I
try to remember to walk very fast, with my eyes downcast whenever I
leave the house :) . What's Tobbi like? Is he a good candidate for
adoption? What are his "special needs"? I'm sure you know there are
breed rescues for every type of dog. Could you get him into an adoption
program through local rescues? They usually have no problem accepting
another dog, as long as you are willing to foster. I've even heard of
rescues that specialize in finding homes for animals displaced because
of their former owner's age or death. Would your landlord understand
that he's a foster and not expected to be a permanent resident? Hang
in there girl, it's not easy being a crusader!
Nina

tamara stickler wrote:

> AHHH! See..you're not alone. JUST as I sent this last e-mail... &
> like an idiot...I stepped in front of another dragon!
>
> I walk my dog and she has "friends" that we see from time to
> time...well I just got a call from Tobbi's "mom" that she wants him
> out...can't stand him anymore....take him to the pound or I'm gonna
> kill him myself. (She's elderly- he has special needs- and she has
> been slipping mentally for several months now.... she's finally
> snapped.) I pick Tobbi up tonight.
>
> I'm only supposed to have ONE animal in my condo...my dog. I've
> hidden my cats...well now cat, since Quintapus died....its gonna be
> hard to hide another dog...assuming he gets along with my cat....God
> help me!
>
> Say a prayer please that I can find a home for him quickly! I'm gonna
> need it!
>
> Thanks,

Do you Yahoo!?
Make Yahoo! your home page