yes I believe it is - if you can't get her in or the vet won't give it to you - use something like bacitracin instead - just stay away from neomycin and things that have neomycin

Cherie A Gabbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Barb, is animax a perscrition?

Barb Moermond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I wouldn't use neomycin - it can be an allergen and an allergic reaction on already sensitive skin is not fun.

I have something from my vet called animax and it's a combination antibiotic and steroid - I put it on little bumpies that Smoky gets and scratches he ends up with from Bandit.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi Cherie -

When my sweet Mittens started regurgitating his food, he also had swollen lymph nodes. The vet diagnosed lymphoma. There were several traditional chemo options. I chose to get Vincristine shots for him. It did make the lymph nodes go down, he could eat without throwing up, and he seemed to feel better.

After a few shots, his skin became very sensitive - I assumed it was the Vincristine. he had a few sores, and the skin would break easily. One time I came home and found blood on the bathroom floor. he must have been playing with another cat, or perhaps fallen.

I can't remember what I did for it, but was suspicious of the vincristine. Think I put aloe vera on it, or gave supplements orally. I later learned about the Wisconsin protocol, where the drugs are alternated.

Just my experience - best of luck,

Gloria

Cherie A Gabbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote :

> Hi guys,
> I knew that if anyone could help it would be here, One of my babies has swollen lymphnodes under her arms and when I gave her a bath she has some sores on her body. I know the lymphnodes are a problem with FeLV but has anyone heard of sores also being a sign? They are not huge bigger than a pencil mark but not so big that you could see them petting or brushing her, I just was going to start some Neosporin to see if that helps at all, any thoughts?
>
> Thanks
> CherieHave a purrfect day
> Cherie

"My cat the clown: paying no mind to whom he should impress. Merely living his life, doing what pleases him, and making me smile."
- Anonymous

Discover Yahoo!

Have a purrfect day
Cherie

"My cat the clown: paying no mind to whom he should impress. Merely living his life, doing what pleases him, and making me smile."
- Anonymous

Do you Yahoo!?
Make Yahoo! your home page