Jenn,
Maybe she won't have to be confined after all, at least not when you're home with her. She seems to have gotten the message that she needs to keep still in order to heal. I'd let her know that if she gets too rambunctious, she'll have to go in the crate, and that she has to be in there for her own good when you're away. Even if she doesn't get the message telepathically, she'll soon come to understand that when she gets too active she goes in the crate, either way, I'm betting that will work for her. Can you tell I hate having to crate animals?
Nina

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Yeah, she's almost looking normal now, actually. I took some pictures, but I need to get the roll developed, and get a picture CD to get them online. She gets up and down so much better now, and she likes to rub between your legs (the crate to confine her has not arrived yet, so she still gets up and does cat things when you go into the bathroom). I actually saw her scratching her ear with her back foot yesterday, something she could not even attempt before (I, of course, stopped her and scratched it for her). I remember you telling me about the Lyprinol, but right now she's on a prescription anti-inflammatory and pain med, so I think I'll just stick to that for now. I'm looking more for things that actually help with the healing, more so than just reducing the pain and inflammation at this point (because we've already got that issue covered).

Jenn
http://ucat.us
http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Jenn,
I'm so very glad to hear bones is more comfortable and doing well.  Give
her a nuzzle for me.  Is she gaining any weight?

Something that I'm going to look into is Lyprinol. Anyone heard of it? I don't know very much about it yet. It's a human anti-inflammatory
supplement that's suppose to be good for asthma and arthritis.  If it
checks out as something I think will be safe and effective, I'll try it
for Zevon, (my German Shepherd with Degenerative Myelopathy) and Gypsy,
(my IBD kitty).  Here's the link http://www.lyprinol.com/home.htm

A couple of women on my IBD list are using it and have had good results
so far.  If you check it out let me know what you think.
Nina