All excellent points.  Thank you for bringing up the plight of whomever has been caring for and loving these ferals.  They must be tormented about this.  Thanks T.
Nina

tamara stickler wrote:
Nuns are JUST people.  You have those that absolutely adore animals, like Sister Francis here in Havre de Grace that feeds all the stray animals in town, out of her own pocket...not easy for someone who has taken a vow of poverty, and Sister Freda who had her own cocker spaniel that went with her EVERYWHERE (she told God she'd ONLY answer His calling to her to serve IF she could always have her animals with her.) And you have those who don't like kids, and joined the church to escape society's view that they should be mothers, only to have the church put them in charge of children & schools.  That's when you get the atilla-the-nuns,..the yard-stick striking, rosary whipping, screaming banshee women.  Not to mention the fact that they are part of an institution that only recognizes the worth of ONE woman-Mary, the mother of Christ.  Its not an easy life...NOT that that is an excuse.

One of my favorite people was Sister Dorthy...a real attilla-the-nun (without the hitting :-)) a small, tank, of a woman, all of 5'2"...with the wrath of God in her little finger, even the priest were afraid of her!....but she was also so understanding, compasionate...an absolute tool of the All Mighty....and my life is better for having known her.

As for THESE Bronx nuns...SOMEONE at that convent has been feeding these ferals for eight years....most likely this mother superior is new and if forcing her will on the others.  Imagine how horrifing that must be for the one or two nuns who also care about these cats.

Pray for them.  They need it as much as the cats.

NO! You're not alone. What horrid wretched creatures these nuns must be. I always thought the movies and TV shows that showed the nuns as the wicked mean women who hit the kids and treated them like dirt in the orphanages and catholic schools was over-dramatized, but now I know it's the truth! Well, you know what they say about karma....

Big hugs to Pets Alive for offering to take these kitties.  And these nuns have not decided whether to allow the volunteers to save the kitties?  Boy, they really have a mean streak!  If they want the cats out of there they should be overjoyed at the offer.  I'm not the only one angry about this, am I.

Del
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.